Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pixel Art

So I don't have much to show except for some gifs I put together. I studied pictures of explosions to get a basic colour palette and some youtube videos for the progression/movement of the flame. This is my first attempt at making one of these and I'm pretty happy about the results. I think it's good to note that I was also trying to stay true to the old school look.



And so you can imagine having those explosions tile and igniting in a cascade motion all over a tank sprite... just wicked...

[edit]I'm using Photoshop Elements 4.0 for my pixel art but that can be a little pricy (I was lucky and got a copy with my Wacom Tablet). In case you want to use free software and think MS Paint is a little dated here's a good tutorial on how to setup the GIMP for pixel art.[/edit]

No comments: