Monday, February 4, 2008

Oh My Gooses!

If this isn't an important milestone I don't know what is! After a couple weeks of hard work and late nights we managed to implement some wicked stuff including but not limited to:
  • Multiple weapons
  • GUI for switching weapons
  • A freakin' beating heart!
  • Our custom font
(Click on the thumbnail for a full screenshot)

There was a lot of optimization on the back side since we were already getting weird slow downs. We found out, through various sources, that early optimization is bad so we were extra careful only removing various memory allocations inside our update and drawing loops that weren't necessary. I think we did a pretty good job (by we, I mean my partner who learned to use the CLF profile and Nprof pretty efficiently).

No comments: