Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sounds Effects

So the game is progressing well but we are slowing down a tad bit. Being much closer to the end means we have to start smoothing the rough edges which is a lot tougher to do. Nevertheless we march on.

I started dabbling in sound effects over the weekend. I bought a cheap mic (Sony F-V120) and walked around my place trying to find stuff that makes noise. I'm using Audacity to get rid of some background noise and apply effects to try and distort the source of the sound (and to also make it sound more like the actual emulated noise).

I was considering getting our SFX from a free source but some of the sites I visited requested that I credit every author for every SFX I used instead of the site itself. Well considering that I needed a boat load and that they were all of sub par quality I decided to make my own. My stuff isn't great but it's better than most of the free stuff I found.

No comments: